Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What We Did For Christmas

All right, it's about time I tell you what we did for Christmas! (I know, it's a little late, but we were so busy during the holidays!) 
   Mom tucked Sylvia and I into our beds on Christmas Eve. We lay awake for awhile. It's almost impossible to get to sleep on Christmas Eve, but at last, somehow, we did.
   Next morning, the winter sun spilled onto my face.





I sat up sleepily.


Then I looked over to see if Sylvia was awake.
I usually wake up before her, so I did not expect her to be.


Imagine my surprise when she wasn't even in her bed... and the bed was made!
She was standing over by our little Christmas tree, already dressed.
(We have a small tree in our room... one more our size.)


I pushed away the covers and pulled on my slippers.




There were two presents under the tree!


"I thought that you'd never wake up," said Sylvia. "Let's open our presents!"


I laughed. "Okay."



"You can open this one from me," I said, sitting down.


Then I handed her the big box.


"Thank you!" said Sylvia. "Wow, it's huge!"




"Is this what I think it is?" Sylvia gasped.


"Yes! It's the Frosty Fair Isle set... thank you so much!"


"You're welcome," I smiled.


"Okay, now you can open yours." she said, giving me the little silver box.


"Thank you, Sylvia! Oh, it's so pretty. I almost don't want to open it!"
But, of course, I did.



It was a picture of a cat.
"What's this?" I wondered.


"You've always wanted a kitten," explained Sylvia. "So, I thought that we
could go down to the shelter and pick one out. I'll pay for everything."


I must admit that I screamed. More than once.
"Thank you so much!"

Did you get any special gifts this year? Was it anything doll-related? 
   We would love to know!

-Kirsten & Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Sylvia, I can't wait to see a picture of you in your new outfit!

    Your doll friend,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete