These ones are so fun and easy to make.
You will need:
-A sheet of colored cardstock (construction paper would also work, but cardstock is nicer)
-Two sheets of regular white paper, plus a little extra
-Black electrical tape
-Regular scotch tape
-Pens (for decorating)
Note: Steps 1 through 5 demonstrate the same process shown in the Lined Paper Tutorial, two posts below.
1) Fold a sheet of regular white paper in half lengthwise, then widthwise to create two creases.
2) Cut along those creases.
3) Now you should have four papers.
4) Fold those four papers in half, then cut along those creases.
5) You should now have eight papers. Repeat this process with your other sheet of paper.
In all, you should have sixteen little papers.
6) Using one of your little white papers as a guide, cut out two pieces of colored cardstock the same size as your white papers.
7) Now, sandwich your white papers in between your two colored papers.
8) Staple them together on the left side.
(In the above picture, the comp book is upside-down.)
9) This is how it should look.
10) Measure and cut off a piece of black electrical tape, the same length as the comp book.
11) Lay it across the book so that it covers the staples on the front and back.
12) Use you scissors to cut the two right-hand corners into curves.
It's looking pretty good, isn't it?
13) Now, use your pen to decorate the cover of the book.
You can make squiggles, stripes, dots, or entirely skip this step.
14) On a bit of white paper, draw a shape like this.
You could also make a rectangle or an oval.
15) Cut it out.
16) Use your ruler to make a straight line near the bottom of your shape.
17) It should look like this.
18) Roll up a piece of scotch tape, with the sticky side facing out.
19) Attach it to the back of your shape...
...and stick it onto your book.
Sylvia loves her new composition book.
All she needs to do now is write her name on it!
This has been our longest tutorial yet, and we hope you enjoy it.